Yesterday, I wrote this in my training log:
5 1/2 miles with 3 miles tempo.
Run: Good, happy to be out
Body: Stiff here and there (not unusual these days!)
Knee: Good
Left Foot: Achy tonight
Weather: Rainy and sunny at the same time (Go Northwest weather!)
Double Rainbow: AWESOME!
I had waited all day for my run, watching the weather to see how wet it was going to be. No rain all day, maybe just a drizzle here and there. As soon as I put my gear on, it started dumping buckets. Not a mild soaker, but a full out drenching downpour.
Obviously, I grumbled and complained as I headed down the stairs but once I got out there the sun came out, while it was still pouring. Such a Northwest thing! When I hit the busy, main road, I looked over and saw the most amazing rainbow I had ever seen. A double rainbow so vivid that it was striking against the dark sky. To boot, the bottom rainbow had little rainbows underneath. Wow!
There I am standing, in the pouring rain, in the full sunshine, amazed at the beauty. I looked at all the travelers going by and thought, "Do you see that?!? That fantastic beauty behind you? Look everyone! You are missing it!" I am sure they were thinking, "Why is that crazy runner standing in the pouring rain looking at me? Crazy runner girl! Go back inside!"
I continued on my run and was blessed by the rainbow, the rain tapering off, and the warm sunshine on my shoulders. In my last post, I talked about these moments of beauty as temporary bandages for the sadness in the world right now. I kept looking for them this week and caught some of them on camera. Sadly, I did not have my camera on me yesterday so I couldn't capture the rainbow. Bummer!
Here are the ones I did capture. Enjoy!
| More Daffodil Beauty |
![]() |
| Raindrops Perched on a Lily Leaf |
![]() |
| Chocolate Macaroons. So yummy! |
![]() |
| My Favorite: A Raindrop on a Hydrangea Branch |
Enjoy your moments of beauty. I hope you find some real treasures these next few days.



I think it sounds like a great idea... running in the rain! :)
ReplyDelete