Monday, March 7, 2011

Welcome to the Party

Joyful Little Cupcakes!

Lately, I have been wondering what direction my life is heading in. Questioning where I will be in the next week, a few months from now, even a year. Wondering where all this time in the company of butter, sugar, and chocolate, even beyond Cupcake Tuesdays, is taking me (I spend a lot of time in the kitchen, just so you know). Wondering if I should be putting that Masters of Education I have to good use.

Then a friend of mine asked me to make two dozen cupcakes for her birthday. My first cupcake customer! I was incredibly excited and honored to be asked to make her celebration cupcakes. Honored to create the centerpiece for her birthday celebration.

As I mixed and created on Saturday afternoon in the peace and quiet of my house (my dear husband had taken all three kids out on an adventure by himself), I realized how much joy and happiness I felt in hanging out in the kitchen, baking away to my heart's content. As I mixed the butter and sugar together, I sighed a sigh of happiness. This is where I belong right now.

Even better was the happiness and joy I saw in her face when she got a peek of her cupcakes for the first time. If my creations can bring that much joy to someone, I think I am in the right business. In the right business of combining my passion for sugar and my love of taking care of others through food. It's a good deal. I think I will take it for now.

2 comments:

  1. Well said. Well said. It gave me so much joy to know that you ENJOYED making these for me. :) I think it made them taste even sweeter.

    ReplyDelete