Someone told me this morning we have been setting records in the number of days we have had rain (last time I checked it was 30 out of 32 days. Yikes!) Setting a record in the fact that we haven't reached 60 degrees at all in March (sigh). Is this why, whenever there is a tiny bit of sun peeking through those clouds, my whole family runs to the patch of sun and stands there soaking it up?!? I think I'd rather set records in the number of sunny days in the month of March instead!
To try and cure my Grumbly Gus attitude, I've made myself run outside just to be outside in the fresh air instead of the gym. This theory proved to be interesting last Sunday as I ran through sunshine (yay!), rain (boo!), and hail (ouch!) all in a 50 minute time-span. But, I have perservered and taken to drying my shoes over the heat register every night.
I have also been baking away madly in the kitchen, continuing to test my recipes for the day Cupcake Tuesdays becomes a true bakery (still daydreaming of that day!). Testing out recipes such as:
![]() |
| Chocolate Cupcake with Malted Buttercream Frosting |
| So simple but oh so good! |
So I will try my best to not be such a Grumbly Gus as the weather looks like it will continue to be rainy. But, just so you know, I just might give up, pack the kids up, and hit the road. Paint the words, "Sunshine or Bust!" on my mom-van and go on a mission to find a sunny patch. I can feel the sunshine on my shoulders now!


I'd like to order up one chocolate cupcake with malted buttercream icing, please, Gus.
ReplyDeleteWhoopie Pies look amazing!And I love all your amazing cupcake wonders! Wow! I'm so proud of you and all your creativity! When Brian and I were missing sunshine last year we hopped in the car and drove down the gorge until we found some. Then we parked in the sunshine (it was still cool out and windy) and sat there and played Suduko until we felt warm. Then we drove to hood river for a hamburger; it was Great! Loves! ;D
ReplyDeleteI'm feeling you! I'm so feeling you. Please keep baking, though. Somehow, it makes the rain seem not SO awful ... even if it is only for a minute as I devour the deliciousness. Totally worth it. :D
ReplyDelete