Monday, March 14, 2011

A Temporary Bandage

A Moment of Beauty
I am not quite sure what to make of the world right now. Watching the events unravel through the news has been unnerving. Listening to people's reactions and reasons for the events has been puzzling and disheartening, to say the least. Our God is a kind and compassionate God, I have to believe. 


My 'desire to fix it all' personality has been challenged these past few days. From afar, I feel a bit helpless. I can't physically fix, right now, what is going on but I can pray for those involved, think of what they will face in the future, and be thankful for friends who are home instead of overseas, like they usually are at this time. 


This morning, as I was listening to my husband read the daily news updates, I looked outside and saw that my daffodils had finally bloomed. Through rain storms and dreary days, they managed to put forth their beautiful blooms. They were reminding me to take notice of the beauty around me as I pondered the sadness that is here in our world.


So, each day this week, as events continue to unravel, I will look for moments of beauty around me. Maybe it will be in the words my children say or the way a run lifts my spirits. These moments of beauty might be seen as a temporary bandage but, until I find away to help from here, they will remind me to have faith in my world. 

1 comment:

  1. Love this, Amy. My daffodils have been the same kind of medicine/bandage for me the last couple of weeks as well.

    And I have seen you out running in the rain a couple of mornings in the last week or so and so admire your dedication to your 'craft'. ;) You always look so determined and so focused. It makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete